If you’re thinking it’s time to upgrade your wheels before your next road trip, stop in and see the versatile New 2019 Ford Escape at Borgman Ford in Grand Rapids! No matter if you’re going for a big grocery run or adventuring through the rolling terrain of West Michigan, this flexible and dependable Ford SUV is up for the task. Every inch of the 2019 Ford Escape has been designed around the busy adventurer.
In this post, we’ve highlighted some key features to show just how versatile this Ford Utility is, and what options are before you to make it truly yours. Take a quick look in the sections below and visit Borgman Ford today to experience what it has to offer.
2019 Ford Escape Engine & Powertrain
Trekking around is made easier with a multitude of safety and convenience running both front-and-center and behind the scenes. These include features like available Intelligent 4WD, which will keep an eye on wheel-slip from road conditions and automatically re-distribute power between the front and rear wheels to compensate. Available Curve Vectoring & Torque Control will monitor the forces on your vehicle while making turns – manipulating the throttle, brakes, and torque distribution to make sure your 2019 Ford Escape hugs the inside of turns and stays firmly planted to the road.
The 2019 Ford Escape’s impressive three-engine lineup offers customizability for the types of adventures you expect to embark upon:
- 2.5L I-4 Engine with Intake Variable Cam Timing. Sometimes, there’s just no replacement for displacement, and this is a great all-around no-frills engine that gets the job done.
- 1.5L EcoBoost Turbocharged Engine. This versatile engine balances performance with efficiency to save you fuel while cruising and giving you bursts of power when you need it.
- 2.0L EcoBoost Engine with Twin-Scroll technology. This is the top-tier engine in the 2019 Ford Escape lineup, boasting 245 horsepower (plenty for its size) and incredibly fast torque delivery. Twin-Scroll technology offers a unique advantage over a standard twin turbo setup, as they alternate their pulse energy to give you the same power much smoother and quicker. This engine option also accepts the Class II Tow Package and can haul up to 3,500 pounds with this equipment.
2019 Ford Escape Interior Features & Cargo Space
Every good captain on an adventure needs a co-pilot, and Ford SYNC 3 available on the 2019 Ford Escape fits the bill perfectly. Now integrated with Amazon Alexa, using your voice to access features is easier than ever. Ask for directions, play music, and more.
Also available is the built-in 4G LTE WiFi Hotspot, keeping you and your passengers better-connected while out exploring West Michigan. This also enables FordPass, opening up a host of connectivity features.
Any passengers looking up from their screens will be treated to the amazing scenery surrounding us through the available Panoramic Vista Moonroof – unless of course all of your adventure gear is mounted to the sturdy roof rails! Speaking of gear, the 2019 Ford Escape has 34 cubic feet of cargo area in the back, expanding to 68 cubic feet with the 60/40 rear-folding seats flipped down. If you frequently find yourself loading up your SUV with your hands full, with the Intelligent Access Key in your pocket a simple wave of your foot is all that’s needed to open the rear liftgate.
2019 Ford Escape Convenience & Safety
In the 2019 Ford Escape, as with the rest of the New Ford Lineup, they’ve struck a delicate balance between including a suite of driver-assist features that are helpful, intuitive, and will not distract you from driving. These convenience features (some standard and others with optional packages) include but are not limited to:
- Standard Backup Camera & Optional Reverse Sensing System: While in reverse, the screen of your Ford SYNC system switches to show a real-time view of what’s behind your vehicle, with handy curve guides to help visualize your turning radius based on input from your steering wheel. The Reverse Sensing System helps further dial-in your parking by making a series of sounds that get faster and faster while approaching an obstruction.
- BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert: Using RADAR to detect moving vehicles around you, the Blind-Spot Information System will alert you to vehicles in your blind spot by illuminating an icon on your side mirrors, and will even flash if you’re about to back out into unseen cross traffic.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: This feature behaves like normal cruise control, except that you set a speed and following distance to the vehicle in front of you, and the system will automatically maintain both variables.
- Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support: Whether you’re using this feature with the Adaptive Cruise Control or not, the Forward Collision Warning will alert you to an obstruction in front of you and if necessary, attempt to stop the vehicle automatically. It’s no substitute for paying attention to the road, but it’s an incredibly helpful extra set of eyes.
- Lane-Keeping System: Should you accidentally drift into the other lane, the lane-keeping system (when activated) will either vibrate the steering wheel, steer the vehicle back, or both.
There’s More to Explore on the New 2019 Ford Escape at Borgman Ford in Grand Rapids, MI
If you’re gearing up for your next round of adventures in West Michigan, visit the Borgman Ford showroom in Grand Rapids today and check out the New 2019 Ford Escape. While we covered many of the more popular ones here, there’s still a wealth of exterior and interior features and options to explore, and our staff will be happy to give you the grand tour.
If you want to be sure that the 2019 Ford Escape is the right SUV for your needs, ask us about our Day Trader Program and extend your test drive to a full day. Upon your return to the showroom, our staff will gladly answer any questions you may have about the vehicle, but will never pressure you into a sale. Check out our current lineup of New Ford Escape SUVs here and come see why we’re the Best in the West!