“Today’s SUV customers really aren’t interested in compromising,” said Amy Marentic, Group Marketing Manager. “They want luxury, convenience and technology with their all-road capability. Until now, they had to choose a luxury SUV to get the features they want – a feature level that this all-new, industry-leading Explorer now exceeds.”
Want to see what she means? In this video, Mark Fields; Executive Vice President, Ford Motor Company, and President, The Americas; and Julie Levine, Explorer Program Manager, give you a walk-around tour of the 2011 Ford Explorer.
The all-new Ford Explorer will offer SUV customers a broad range of trim levels and customer convenience and connectivity technologies that will raise the eyebrows among even luxury SUV owners.
The base Explorer delivers a strong package of customer convenience and technology features, with the following items as standard equipment:
- Hill start assist
- Dual chrome exhaust tips
- Projector-style headlamps
- Power remote sideview mirror
- LED taillamps
- Air filtration system
- Media hub, including an auxiliary input jack
- Four 12-volt power points
- Second- and third-row dome/map lights
- Tilt/telescoping steering column
- Steering wheel-mounted five-way and secondary audio controls
- Cruise control
- Power windows with one-touch driver’s down
- Single CD/MP3-capable six-speaker audio system
- MyKey™ owner control feature
- Keyless entry remote
The base Explorer features cloth seats with first-row adjustable buckets, a 60/40 split fold-flat bench seat in the second row, and a 50/50 third-row split folding bench.
The all-new 2011 Explorer XLT offers all the base model equipment with a higher level of harmonizing chrome and satin-finish accent trim, 18-inch aluminum wheels, unique cloth seating, leather covering for steering wheel and shift knob, SelectShift Automatic™ transmission, SecuriCode™ keyless entry keypad, fog lamps, SIRIUS® Satellite Radio (including a prepaid six-month subscription in 48 contiguous states), perimeter alarm and reverse sensing system.
SUV buyers seeking luxury with their capability will be impressed with the generous levels of convenience and connectivity technologies offered in the all-new Explorer Limited. From remote start through a 10-way leather-trimmed driver’s seat to adjustable pedals with memory settings, Limited takes Explorer luxury to a higher level.
Explorer Limited includes all of the feature content offered in the XLT, plus:
- Ambient lighting
- Adjustable pedals with memory
- Cargo net
- Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control
- Leather-trimmed, heated seats
- 10-way power driver’s seat with power lumbar and recline
- Six-way power first-row passenger seat with lumbar and recline
- Second-row 60/40 split bench seat with armrest and dual cupholders
- Electrochromic interior rearview mirror
- Sony® Audio System with high-definition radio and 12 speakers
- Rear view camera
- Remote start
- 110-volt outlet
- SYNC® voice-activated communications and entertainment system
- Intelligent Access with push-button start
- Universal garage door opener
The most luxurious Explorer model also comes standard with MyFord Touch™ connect technology. This includes a pair of cluster-mounted driver-configurable displays, an 8-inch LCD color touch screen in the center stack with compass and temperature display, media hub with a pair of USB ports, and an SD card reader and RCA video input jacks. Explorer Limited offers five-way supplemental controls on the steering wheel.