• The Green / Fuel Efficiency & Environment
With an I-4 that gets best-in-class (1) 34 mpg highway (2), it’s a green engine inspired by green lights. Evidence that “‘good gas mileage” doesn’t have to mean sacrificing fun.
– Most fuel-efficient midsize sedan in America (2)
– Class-exclusive (1) Easy Fuel™ capless filler
• The Goods / Technology
Packed with technology that wows. Innovative, engaging technology designed to enhance the driving experience. And make drivers think they’re sitting inside a consumer electronics show
– Available SYNC® communications and entertainment system that voice-activates your cell phone, MP3 player and more (3) including 911 Assist™ (4) and Vehicle Health Report – SYNC® with traffic, directions and other types of information (standard on SEL & Sport, optional on SE – SYNC® with traffic, directions, and other types of information coming summer 2009)
– Available voice-activated Navigation System with in-dash 8” screen, DVD/CD/MP3 player and 10GB Music Jukebox and integrated SIRIUS Travel Link™ providing real-time traffic info, weather, movie listings, sports scores and gas prices (5) (optional on SEL & Sport)
– Class-exclusive (1) Sony® audio system featuring 12 speakers (optional on SEL & Sport through Moon & Tunes Package)
– Driver’s Vision Package includes class-exclusive (1) BLIS (Blind Spot Information System®) with Cross-Traffic Alert and rear view camera (optional on SEL – BLIS and the rear view camera are available on Sport with the Electronics Package)
– SIRIUS® Satellite Radio (5) (standard on SE, SEL & Sport)
– Reverse Sensing System (optional on SE, SEL & Sport)
– Seven-color Ambient Interior Lighting System (standard on SEL, optional on Sport)
– Fusion is in a dead heat with Toyota Camry, Honda Accord and Nissan Altima when it comes to quality (6)
• The Thrill / Performance
Are you ready for this? The kind of ride that has you begging for an excuse to say “Hang on!”
– 3.5L Duratec® V6 engine with six-speed SelectShift Automatic™ transmission – 263 hp (standard on Sport)
– Modified sport-tuned suspension (standard on Sport)
– All-new six-speed transmissions (automatic and manual) ; Selectshift six-speed automatic transmission standard on V6 and Sport models
– Class-exclusive (1) all-wheel drive (standard on SEL V6 AWD & Sport AWD)
– Standard AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control (ESC)
• The Grille / Exterior & Interior
The first hint that you get that this is not just another anonymous commuting appliance.
– 18-inch painted aluminum wheel (standard on Sport)
– Red-, blue- or black-accented leather-trimmed seats and door trim inserts w/ accent stitching (standard on Sport)
– Leather-trimmed and heated seating surfaces (standard on SEL, optional on Sport)
– Dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control (DEATC) (standard on SEL, optional on Sport)
– Fold-down split rear seat back (60/40) with spring assist (standard on S, SE, SEL & Sport)
– Fold-flat front passenger seat (standard on SE, SEL & Sport)
(1) Class is Midsize Sedans.
(2) EPA estimated 23 city / 34 hwy mpg, combined 27 mpg, Fusion S, I-4 automatic.
(3) Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control. Only use mobile phones and other devices, even with voice commands, when it is safe to do so.
(4) The vehicle’s electrical system (including the Battery), the wireless service provider’s signal and a connected mobile phone all must be available and operating for 911 Assist to function properly. These systems may become damaged in a crash. The paired mobile phone must be connected to Sync and the 911 Assist feature enabled in order for 911 to be dialed.
(5) Real time traffic monitoring available in select markets. Some features are unavailable while driving. Service not available in Alaska or Hawaii. SIRIUS Travel Link is a trademark of SIRIUS Satellite Radio, Inc.
(6) Based on cumulative survey data of MY Ford and competitive owners at three months of service among vehicles registered between 9/07 –5/08.