Borgman Ford would like to wish everyone a fun and safe Memorial Day Weekend! Whether you’re hitting the road to adventure or staying in and grilling, remember to take a moment and honor the brave men and women who serve in our nation’s armed services.
We will be closed on Monday, May 28th in observance of Memorial Day, but we will be open on Saturday and resume normal hours on Tuesday the 29th.
If you are currently on active duty or a veteran within 2 years of separation, Borgman is offering an extra $500 Bonus on top of all current offers to show our gratitude. We have plenty of offers for everyone too, including 0% APR and Thousands in Bonus Cash throughout the Ford and Mazda Lineup.
Borgman is also giving Mazda customers an extra $500 on top of current offers during our Memorial Day Sale, going on now through May 31st! Take a look at our New Inventory and our Manager Specials page to see how much you can save!
West Michigan Memorial Day Road Trip Planning & Safety Tips from Borgman Ford
If you’re planning on hitting the road this weekend, we’ve put together a list of driving tips that can help. We pulled some of them from this handy guide on FordSocial, but we added a few of our own too. Enjoy!
- Vehicle maintenance: This means checking tire tread depth, tire pressures and oil and water levels before heading out.
- Seat belts: Since it remains the most important piece of safety equipment, we feel the need to say something here. Not only ensure your passengers are buckled up, but that their belts are being worn properly.
- Mobile phone: Use a voice-activated, hands-free connectivity system like Ford SYNC® to control your mobile phone or navigation system. Make sure it’s operational and you’re familiar with it before you hit the road.
- Drive Defensively: No matter where you’re headed this weekend, chances are that at some point the roads are going to descend into utter chaos. Give yourself plenty of time to get where you’re going and only use the left lane to pass. Remember if you’re around semis, RVs, or people towing large boats, if you can’t see their mirrors there’s a good chance they can’t see you.
- Be Courteous: When passing, a good rule of thumb is to wait until you see a vehicle’s headlights in your rearview mirror before merging back over. If you see a semi truck with their blinker on and they’re not moving over, they might not be sure if their trailer is clear. If it is, hang back to give the driver space and blink your lights a few times. This is trucker-code for “you’re clear to change lanes.”
- The Driver: Take regular breaks on a long trip to avoid driving when tired, and don’t drink and drive.
- Bugs: Don’t want a windshield full of dead insects? Wipe the windshield down with a wet dryer sheet and they’ll come right off.
- Hot Seats: Pack a few bed sheets to drape over the vehicle’s seats in case they get too hot to sit on from the sun.
- Tow Bar: You can slice open a tennis ball to cover your tow bar when it’s not in use, which will protect it from scratches and keep out moisture.
- Be Prepared: There are few items you should keep in your trunk just in case of emergencies, such as a First Aid Kit, hazard signs, distilled water (for drinking or topping up the radiator until you can get to a Quick Lane) and other essential items like basic tools, spare bulbs, jumper cables, and roadmaps. Taking a look at your vehicle’s owner’s manual might not be a bad idea either, even if it’s just to be sure you have everything you need to change a tire.
For more tips like these, visit Social.Ford.com.
Have An Awesome Weekend, West Michigan!
Whatever you have planned for Memorial Day, we hope you have a great time with friends and family while remembering our nation’s heroes. If your Borgman vehicle is a part of the celebration this weekend, we’d love to see some photos! Simply post a photo of you enjoying your vehicle from us on our Facebook Page with the tag #BorgmanFairTrade or send one in using this form. We’ll pick a favorite and give the winner a $100 Gift Card to Essence Restaurants! Check out our Contest Page for more information.
From all of us at Borgman, have a great weekend, and safe travels!