Borgman Ford is always pleased to share the unique and highly-customized vehicles Ford produces with fans in Grand Rapids and West Michigan. These vehicles are usually sold at charity auctions to benefit relevant causes, and this latest one, an F-22-inspired Ford F-150 Raptor, raised $300,000 for the Experimental Aircraft Association’s Young Eagles program.
This totally tricked-out Ford F-150 Raptor pickup was inspired by the Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor fighter jet and features a number of customizations from Ford Performance Design Team. Some of the modifications were purely aesthetic or thematic, such as the red and green position lights on the mirror skull caps, and others were to push the truck’s capabilities to the limit, like the Whipple-intercooled, high-output 3.5l twin-turbo EcoBoost engine, which delivers 545 horsepower and 660 lb.-ft. of torque.
An article published in The Official Ford Media Center tells more about the truck and the Experimental Aircraft Association’s Young Eagles program. Here’s an excerpt from the article:
Mighty U.S. Air Force Fighter Jet Inspires One-Of-A-Kind High-Performance Ford F-22 F-150 Raptor
Combining the best attributes of the world’s finest high-performance machines for air and ground, Ford’s design team created a Ford F-22 F-150 Raptor based on the U.S. Air Force’s Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor fighter jet for auction at AirVenture Oshkosh. The one-of-a-kind truck fetched $300,000 for the Experimental Aircraft Association Gathering of Eagles – an organization and an event committed to aviation and encouraging youth involvement in flight.
Ford design manager Melvin Betancourt and Ford Performance led design and engineering of the F-22 F-150 Raptor. “Our job – both in the air and on the ground – is to intimidate the competition,” said Betancourt. “The money we raised will enable Young Eagles to reach for the skies as well.”
Todd Eckert, Ford truck group marketing manager, said the F-22 F-150 Raptor celebrates the fighter jet’s dominance of the skies and the consistent leadership of F-Series on the ground. “Our long-standing commitment to Young Eagles encourages new talent to enter the world of flight, while highlighting the freedom, power, speed and agility shared by the Ford F-150 Raptor and the F-22 Raptor fighter jet,” he added.
Highlights of the Ford F-22 F-150 Raptor include:
- Whipple-intercooled, high-output 3.5-liter twin-turbo EcoBoost® making 545 horsepower and 660 lb.-ft. of torque – taking off-road performance to intimidating new levels
- Modified Addictive Desert Design front suspension and bump stop kit
- Deaver rear spring pack to provide a smooth, progressive suspension
- Fox bypass series shocks with adjustable compression and rebound valving to customize damping for on-road and off-road use
- Innov8 Racing custom forged beadlock wheels with Falcon Wildpeak tires
- Upgraded Alcon six-piston painted calipers, oversized rotors, high-friction pads
- Modular off-road 1.3-million candela LED lighting system by KC Hilites
- Kicker audio system with 1,500 watts of amplification
- Unique Sherwin-Williams exterior paint integrating F-22 Raptor jet cues including titanium grille with front silhouette of the aircraft; jet cues featured on the interior as well
- Amp Research power retracting steps
- DeBerti two-tire, gas and ProEagle jack holder
- LineX sprayed bedliner
- All-stainless-steel cat-back Borla exhaust system with carbon fiber tips
- DeBerti carbon fiber fender flares, hood and fender vents
- Paint hand-cut and polished to a mirror finish by Independent Detail
You can read the full article by visiting Media.Ford.com.
The Ford F-150 Raptor: The Ultimate Truck for West Michigan Adventures
If you’re looking for your own Ford F-150 Raptor pickup truck to tackle the West Michigan wilds, visit Borgman Ford in Grand Rapids! Our friendly and courteous sales staff would be more than happy to show you our Current Selection on Ford F-150 Raptors, or help you order the perfect configuration for your budget and lifestyle. If you have any questions about the Ford F-150 Raptor, please feel free to Contact Us or stop by for a visit. Come see why Borgman is the Best in the West!