At Borgman, we love West Michigan Winters and we love our leading lineup of Ford SUVs. But if a traditional SUV is a bit too much SUV for you, check out Ford’s new “compact SUV” just announced at the LA Auto Show. The Ford Eco Sport invites the compact SUV buyer to “Go Small – Live Big.” We look forward to putting the new kid on the block through the paces in 2018!
Highlights from Ford’s announcement:
- Ford introduces all-new EcoSport for North America today during the world’s first-ever Snapchat vehicle reveal; event kicks off a three-day interactive experience in Hollywood open to the public through Wednesday
- Fun, capable and connected, EcoSport gives drivers the freedom and versatility to go small and live big
- Technology – including SYNC 3 with a high-resolution 8-inch floating touch screen, Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ – easily integrates your smartphone and keeps you connected to friends and family while on the move
The EcoSport – a fun, capable, connected compact SUV – stars in the world’s first-ever vehicle reveal on Snapchat, kicking off a Hollywood pop-up event open to the public through Wednesday evening.
The interactive event showcases how EcoSport is a perfect companion for those who believe in going small and living big.
“More people are choosing to spend their time and money sharing experiences with friends and family instead of buying more stuff,” said Chantel Lenard, executive director, Ford U.S. marketing. “EcoSport fits perfectly into this growing lifestyle. It’s our smallest SUV, packed with features and personality.”
Fun sound, color and style
EcoSport’s available premium B&O PLAY audio system brings your music to life. HARMAN acoustic engineers spent hundreds of hours perfecting the in-vehicle music experience.
The Ford-exclusive B&O PLAY audio system, standard on EcoSport Titanium, features 10 speakers, including B&O PLAY-branded tweeters and woofers in the front doors and a subwoofer in back. The 675-watt system unlocks the power of your favorite music and transforms every drive into a “living big” experience.
EcoSport also features available HD Radio technology, SiriusXM® satellite radio and a dual FM radio antenna that boosts the range and clarity of FM signals.
Customers looking to stand apart from the crowd will find plenty of ways to personalize their EcoSport. Along with 10 exterior color choices, there are seven ambient lighting options and four trim level offerings – S, SE, SES and Titanium. All series feature a swing-gate-style tailgate.
The personality-packed SES series makes the biggest splash. It features Intelligent 4WD, sport-tuned suspension and steering, and unique styling cues inside and out – including bold copper accents for the interior and sport seats.
EcoSport makes it easy to stay in touch with friends and family with SYNC® 3, Ford’s communications and entertainment system. Faster, more intuitive and easier to use, the system provides more conversational voice recognition and enhanced response to driver commands. Optimized for hands-free use, SYNC 3 for EcoSport is coupled with a touch screen similar to a smartphone or tablet. The 8-inch screen gives front-row occupants easy access to operate available Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ commands, and B&O PLAY audio settings.
Drivers also have the ability to start, lock, unlock and locate their vehicle from almost anywhere using available SYNC Connect with FordPass®. The mobile app lets owners view vehicle information, such as the fuel level and odometer reading, when not in the vehicle.
EcoSport features two fast-charging USB ports to ensure owners’ devices are always juiced. Plus, there’s a 12-volt power outlet. An available 110-volt outlet positioned behind the center console and another 12-volt outlet allow rear-seat passengers to stay plugged in, too.
Capable, powerful and sporty
Equipped with either the award-winning, 1.0-liter three-cylinder turbocharged EcoBoost® or 2.0-liter four-cylinder, EcoSport provides power and control. Drivers opting for the 2.0-liter engine get Ford’s Intelligent 4WD standard. Both come with six-speed automatic transmissions.
As many as 30 stowage pockets, bins, hooks make efficient use of every interior inch. A cargo management system at the rear features a movable floor board and fold-away second-row seats to provide a flat area for moving furniture and other larger items.
EcoSport consumer experience in Hollywood
Located at Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue, the Ford EcoSport Go Small, Live Big experience is open to the public Tuesday and Wednesday from 2 to 10 p.m. Registration and tickets are managed by FordPresents.com.
The EcoSport event consumer experiences include:
- Small stage, big entertainment: A sound and light environment showcases the EcoSport’s available B&O PLAY audio system, ambient lighting and LED display. Special musical performances include Chromeo (DJ set), Echosmith, Phillip Phillips, Atlas Genius and Chord Overstreet – plus a popular DJ for the big reveal
- Small bites, big flavor: Downtown L.A.’s super-trendy Smorgasburg hosts local food vendors. Mama Musubi, Donut Friend, Goa Taco and Amazebowls serve up bite-sized food, while Paloma’s Paletas and Wanderlust Creamery are on hand with food carts
- Small footprint, big life: Two tiny homes from 84LUMBER – a cabin and a beach cottage – are on display. Both are less than 200 square feet and inspired by EcoSport’s personality and spirit of adventure. These custom art installations by L.A.-based Onch Movement and “The Most Famous Artist” Matty Mo encourage stylish, simple living. After the event, Ford and 84LUMBER are donating one of the homes in partnership with the Ron Finley Project – a south Los Angeles nonprofit dedicated to promoting healthy communities
- Small animals, big joy: Los Angeles Wildlife Learning Center experts teach you about the group’s tiny rescue animals, including owls, chinchillas, foxes, sugar gliders, prairie dogs, bunnies and hedgehogs
- Small beach, big oasis: Paying homage to Venice Beach, surf culture comes alive with real sand and Surfset Fitness, surf-inspired exercise equipment and group fitness classes via the world’s first total body surf trainer designed to mimic the instability of a surfboard on water. Nail artist group Cutepolish features the hottest nail art designs, do-it-yourself nail techniques and trendy polish styles
EcoSport visitors also can share their experiences on social media platforms. Collect and share unique Snapchat geo-filters, an all-new Snapchat innovation exclusive to Ford’s EcoSport consumer experience. An overall Snapchat geo-filter allows attendees to post unique Go Small, Live Big content.
The all-new Ford EcoSport starts arriving in dealerships in early 2018.